Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Aeros Equipment Sale

Just a bump as a reminder - Fred

For those of you with no plans and some disposable income, here's a little item.

The Houston Aeros will be holding their annual end-of-season equipment sale this Saturday out at the team's Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center facility from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Among the items to be sold will be used skates, gloves, pants, helmets, nameplates, and much, more more.

The team will accept cash, checks (does anybody write checks anymore), and credit cards.

And I suggest you get there early before Ms. Conduct snaps up all of the goalie gear.

10 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Nope, there's only one thing I want and that's a goalie-cut practice jersey. Figure that would be a nice change of pace from the ugly Goalie Monkey jersey I got for free when I bought my gear.

And with no player's name or number on it, I wouldn't be disgracing anyone with my crap goaltending. Well, other than the Aeros in general. My apologies in advance, team.

"Dave Schultz" said...

oooo, a practice jersey would be sweet. Anyone in Houston wanna go shopping for me?? :)

beware the bear(s) said...

Yes, especially the maroon colored ones...

Chris Jerina said...

Do the Aeros sell their game-used jerseys at the sale too? Would love to pick up the Climie away shirt, but probably just limit my collecting to Admirals shirts anyway.

Ms. Conduct said...

Seems like they usually auction the game worn jerseys off, though I have seen Jim selling jerseys. But I think he basically was wearing Barry's jersey, right? Though Climie is usually 33 anyway, I believe, since that's what's painted on his mask.

Did I muddy those waters or what?

beware the bear(s) said...

Chris, Climies game worn jersey was not auctioned off, since at the time he was not back up. I believe, jgadd@aeros.com will be able to answer any of your questions, though.
The back up goalies then were either Beauchemin (Steelheads-as is Climie) or Centomo (Laredo Bucks), I believe.
Good Luck!

B2Bomber said...

Wasn't Munce around for a while a a "BUG"?

beware the bear(s) said...

yeah, right there was also MUNCE...

Ms. Conduct said...

I think all those back-up goalies wore the same sweater. My understanding is they were out of goalie cut sweaters so they were just replacing the nameplate on Barry's 33 sweater for each new guy. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a fat stash of #33 goalie cut sweaters available. :)

Snikpip said...

Mine! Mine! It's ALL MINE!!!!!