Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Wild winger Pouliot fined $2,000, loses licence for impaired driving

The Ottawa Citizen reports - Wild winger Pouliot fined $2,000, loses licence for impaired driving.

It doesn't paint Benoit in a good light as it appears he tried the old "Do you know who I am?" trick AND he doesn't seem to have too much remorse.

When asked whether the decision would affect him in the coming season, Pouliot said, “I don’t need a car to play hockey, so I don’t see a problem at all.”

11 comments:

Forecheck said...

Ooops...my bad...happened three years ago.

We'll see how the 2009 version of Benoit takes his punishment.

artandhockey said...

So 'Ben' has outdone 'Pat'- having his problem couple years earlier earlier! And getting a much BIGGER cash fine. Canadian Justice stricter? Way NOT to go, boy!
Wild winger, indeed!

CatTrick said...

What a a##hole. I'm so glad Canadian justice didn't give him a slap on the wrist, which is probably what would have happened here.

Anonymous said...

A poster by the moniker of Lucky made the best response ever on Russo's Rants:

Pouliot: “Do you know who I am?”

Cop: “A huge disappointment?”

SNAP!

CatTrick said...

ITA, Anonymous ... ROTFLMAO!!!

artandhockey said...

Pls, someone enlighten this old me.
What are all those Letters? Are they what I instinctively think they are, or worse? ;-)

CatTrick said...

artandhockey:

ITA = I Totally Agree

ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laffing My Ass Off

:)

MotleySu said...

Sorry, I just love this guy.
Until he becomes a mass murderer. Then I'll write him soppy fan letters in prison.

artandhockey said...

Rolling on the floor is easy-- LOL, getting up another matter ;-)
Thanks for the lesson in 'letters' CatTrick! Wasn't quite as BAD as I had thought. Just one 3 letter word! TeeHee.

Love the BBB (BigBadBoy)? Oh well, someone is much more tolerant of youthful and/or arrogant stupidity.
A lesson learned....hopefully.

Forecheck said...

{{Pouliot: “Do you know who I am?”

Cop: “A huge disappointment?”}}

Bingo!

MotleySu said...

I'm not known for my common sense. :)