Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bears win Cup, Aeros news forthcoming, Daum out in OKC as coach in OKC

I will keep this brief because I have to. But now that the mighty Hershey Bears have won their 11th Calder Cup (and third in five years), expect more news that you care about to start coming and coming and coming.

The Aeros, I think, will have a coach in the next week to 10 days. Maybe before that even. (And one of the Aeros rumored top choices, former Milwaukee Admirals head coach Claude Noel, is being HEAVILY courted by the folks in Vancouver/Manitoba. Now that Arniel has left to pretty much fail (everyone does!) in Columbus, Manitoba is the most attractive job at the AAA level.)

I digress ...

Also, I am pretty sure the league will start sending out news from the board of governors meetings. Soon, Aeros fans will now who they are playing next year and how many times.

The NHL schedule is set to be released early next week, and even the AHL schedule, I predict, will come out a week or so earlier than usual.

And one of my favorite AHL people, former Aeros and Springfield Falcons head coach Rob Daum, has been told that he will not continue with the Oilers' AAA franchise when they move to Oklahoma City in the fall. His contract was up on 7/1 anyway, but I really hope they gave him more than two-weeks notice. I'm sure that will come out in due time.

This has been a painfully long offseason so far, but things will start picking up news-wise. To me the longest part of the summer is the month between the schedule release and the start of NHL training camps.

Anyway, be sure to keep us on your radar as news will start happening quick. We'll have our take and we hope you give us your thoughts on all things Aeros.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope we get a decent coach

artandhockey said...

Good,thatthe schedule may be out early.
We have travel plans and need to make sure to see some Aeros games elsewhere if possible in combo with opera ;-)!