Houston Aeros 1994-2013: Thank you for all the great memories and two decades of great hockey and entertainment.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Texas High School Hockey Championship & other stuff

Couple of quick notes as we head into the evening:

First, I want to thank Andrew for keeping things going here lately and for, as usual, being so knowledgeable and generous with his time. My husband and I are in the middle of moving to Dallas (I know... *sad trombone*) and, while I'm fortunate that selling/hunting/buying/negotiating/etc. all happened during this ENDLESS road trip, it has nevertheless been all-consuming.

However, as we head into this dense final stretch of home games, I'm excited to get refocused and see this puppy through to the bitter and/or sweet end (with Mike Damante graciously filling in at the Chron when I can't make it to games).

I dunno how much more pro hockey we're going to have in Houston after this season (really, I don't know... not hinting at anything here... you're all reading the same writing on the wall that I am at this point), but we have a nice little stretch here to really soak it all in and put our backs and hearts into it.

Second, if you want even a little more live hockey, Houston is hosting the Texas High School Hockey Tournament this weekend and Saturday's Aeros game will be followed up by the championship game.

Normally Dallas gets these tourneys because they have a more robust youth hockey scene (thank you Stars), but Houston got it this year, so it's a pretty big deal and should be some good hockey. I've played against high school kids a few times and, let me tell you, I avoid it like the plague now because I don't like crying myself to sleep at night. They're prettyyyyy, prettyyyyy, pretty good.

So, to summarize:
  • Galindo traded to Dallas for a bag of pucks
  • Houston vs Rochester / Texas High School Championship Double Header Saturday
  • (Bonus) Still sorta mad about how much the Aeros scored on Brusty the other day
Okay. I'm off. See you tonight. Here's hoping I remember how to write a game story.

1 comment:

Forecheck said...

Sorry to see you go, Heather - and thank you for your coverage.

You're headed to a far better place - at least in terms of hockey. Football is another story.